• Join the network…

Paintball Sniper Training – What would you want?

A buddy and I were talking the other day and we have noticed a serious lack of training out there for woodsball and rec ballers and in particular, paintball sniper training for those wanting to play a more serious game of stealth, recon and ambush.

So, we started putting together a wish list.  If money were no object and we could get training from whoever/wherever we wanted, what would we ask for.  Here were a couple of our ideas:

– Camouflage expert, maybe from a military school

– Stealth and movement expert

– Marker tuning and selection.

Those were just a few but I thought I’d give you all a chance to jump in.  So leave a comment below.  Any relevant training that your heart desires is fair game.

This entry was posted in Paintball Sniper Training and tagged . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

49 Comments

1. Michael
    Posted March 4, 2010 at 12:21 am | Permalink

Definetely stealth and movement tips because too often I see people with great camoflauge but fail to be sneaky with it. AKA standing in the middle of a field, standing behind trees or moving way too much while stalking.

2. Posted March 5, 2010 at 6:39 am | Permalink

Teaching proper use of surroundings and your team, as well as how to apply those techniques when you are part of pick up games at the local field, or at a strange field.

3. Lonescout
    Posted March 11, 2010 at 8:37 am | Permalink

Hey everyone!

I would love to see tips on how to tune and modify your woodsball marker into a very effective sniper position setup. Things such as…

– How to make your marker quieter
    – How to make your marker more accurate
    – How to camouflage your marker
    – How to make your marker more efficient
    – How to make your marker more light
    – How to create the perfect setup
    – How to tune your marker in all the right ways
    – How to choose the perfect setup

…and other things of the like.

Thanks again!!!

Chris

4. AUstin
    Posted March 25, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Permalink

Communication is key to any victory. I would love to learn more about hand signals, effective communication devices (throat mikes, walkie-talkies, etc.) and how to effectively train a team so all use the same signals.

5. trevor
    Posted March 27, 2010 at 2:14 am | Permalink

i think there needs to be hand signals tutorial, marker setups, team sniper/scout tactics and layouts of how to backup eachother incase of detection, route of evacuation if spotted, red dot/scope setups, types of effective hoppers or homemade hoppers

6. Rizoney
    Posted April 9, 2010 at 1:50 pm | Permalink

I could use some counter-sniper tips, like what to look for while sniper hunting.

7. Jonathan
    Posted April 14, 2010 at 2:55 am | Permalink

I’d like to see something on how to make your own camouflage, how to paint your equipment, what types of paint to use, all that cool stuff you do. If you uploaded some pictures of what you have that would be awesome!

8. Trevor
    Posted April 19, 2010 at 8:01 pm | Permalink

I definitely think that you should show hand signals, how to connect with your environment, how to hide- take the shot- and vanish, tune ups to your marker and gear. those are some of the top topics i would like to see

9. Martin
    Posted April 22, 2010 at 6:01 am | Permalink

I definetly agree with trevor! Please make some signals tutorial

10. Dave
    Posted April 24, 2010 at 2:35 am | Permalink

Maybe some stuff pertaining to possible “real world” scenarios. For those of us who use this for other training as well.

11. Daniel
    Posted April 25, 2010 at 10:18 pm | Permalink

I’d like to see some things like how to make effective camoflage, whether (and if so, when) or not ghillies are worth the effort or making and washing, a signals tutorial/list, and how to camoflage your marker effectively – and not look like an idiot

12. DAVE
    Posted April 26, 2010 at 2:23 am | Permalink

Also, maybe talk to Richard Marcinko. He’s the gentleman who was tasked with the developement of SEAL Team 6. I’m sure he’d be a wealth of information with his knowledge and experience, on all the above tactice and questions.

13. CHRIS
    Posted April 29, 2010 at 5:22 pm | Permalink

Counter Sniper techniques would be awesome, as well as a camo/movement expert. Then there’s one I can’t believe nobody’s mentioned yet, how to best proceed when the concealment runs out (ie, your objective is across a field/street/creek/etc).

14. andrew
    Posted May 6, 2010 at 11:59 am | Permalink

Close in stealth movement, several times now when playing in woodsball games I’ve taken a shot too early because I wasn’t confident in moving the last few meters into a better position and the shot has hung up on intervening foliage or the like. For the times when they know your coming and the terrain forces you to get real close.

15. Tobosaku
    Posted May 13, 2010 at 4:31 am | Permalink

well, I would like to have special training on learning to “read” the terrain, learn to instantly identify that right spot in any given field were to lay my belly. I would also like some very good drills that could really improve even a blind man’s accuracy (not that I’m one but uh… the heck). You can find all sorts of forums talking about that perfect barrel, that perfect marker, but they are just forums, and you are giving me the chance to ask the God of Paintball Sniping, so yeah, I would like to know what all that “perfect” gear would be…
    also, some tactics, information on paintball tactics is so poor out there. I need solo sniping tactics and team sniping tactics.

16. D
    Posted May 15, 2010 at 9:46 pm | Permalink

Hello, i have a couple topics i would like you to cover: First off, getting behind an object to get out of the way of paintballs and the best way to stay/get behind the bunker/object. Also second, i would like to know how a left handed person can shoot from the right side of the bunker. Also and tips on being stealthy would be nice. Thanks alot

17. Daniel
    Posted May 19, 2010 at 12:34 am | Permalink

Paintball gear for the low-budget player would be especially helpful to me.

18. Posted May 19, 2010 at 8:16 pm | Permalink

How about tips on sighting in your scope/red dot?

19. Smurf
    Posted May 22, 2010 at 4:06 pm | Permalink

I would like to learn some breathing techniques to calm the nerves and relax a little more so the shot can be more effective and closer. Then tips on team communications radio versus hand signals and/or both and how to effectively use them.

20. Daniel
    Posted May 23, 2010 at 12:53 am | Permalink

I’d also like a video demonstration of “Paintball Camouflage: The 4 Dead Giveaways” and, as Jonathan said, tips on how to make your own camouflage.

21. pHILLIP
    Posted June 1, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Permalink

All your idea is the quenstion of my heart of being a excellent sniper in paintball field.

22. Carlos
    Posted June 6, 2010 at 8:20 pm | Permalink

I would like to have field training with other snipers on a regular
    bases, and utilize all of these great ideas. It’s very difficult if
    not impossible find people that want to work to achieve this skill.

23. Garrett
    Posted June 20, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Permalink

i would like to learn more on tac movement while in full ghillie. plus marker tuning and parts selection to make the perfect sniper marker.

24. Jacob
    Posted July 12, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Permalink

I have a few things I can think of:

How to help your team commander understand how and when to use you as a sniper.
    How to make your gun quieter.
    How to train yourself with using the “alpha state”

25. Alex
    Posted July 18, 2010 at 4:31 pm | Permalink

I would love to have a partner and then go to a sniper school and learn all of their tricks, then learn all about markers and how to tune them, make them wuieter, and more accurate

26. sam
    Posted July 23, 2010 at 10:13 pm | Permalink

What are things that we could do at home that would help. and definite on how to tune your gun!

27. DAN
    Posted July 26, 2010 at 6:33 pm | Permalink

How to build a gulie suit

28. justin
    Posted August 10, 2010 at 10:25 pm | Permalink

some things I would like to learn more about would be how to effectively camouflage your clothing, how to recognize decent, but low to mid-budget gear, and how to tune a marker setup effectively.

29. Reaper
    Posted August 12, 2010 at 3:38 pm | Permalink

Hey, first of all great website. Keep it up the good work here 🙂

What about the use of trip mines to cover our back or vital spots to defend ? Or I had an idea some weeks ago about doing remote-controlled mines for ambushes (that fits perfectly for a stealth sniper)

30. Rob
    Posted August 20, 2010 at 1:30 am | Permalink

We’ve all heard you want high ground when sniping….what if there is no high ground? How does a pro sniper determine the best place to set up and take his shots? does he just go from one spot to another or does he plan all of his spots before even going to the first one.

31. wYATT
    Posted August 21, 2010 at 4:30 am | Permalink

Yeah,I agree with Bob there and does anybody think a basic tippmann 98 would be a good sniper rifle?

32. sTERLING
    Posted August 21, 2010 at 9:01 pm | Permalink

*URBAN WARFARE
    *NIGHT OPS
    *TACTICAL USE OF PAINT GRENADES

33. Michael
    Posted August 30, 2010 at 6:51 am | Permalink

hey mate, i just had a game on sunday and found that i kept playing on a very slippery and muddy bank. eventually i slipped and fell into the water, but this wasnt a bad thing as i quickly noticed that if i stay in the water but still hug the bank im near invisible. the feild i played on was nearly 3km long and i managed to get all the way to their base and then hide behind them. going in the water is a very sneaky way of doing it, but then it also has its flaws e.g the water was moving and they spotted me a few times and any one with electro markers will surely break. but if you can compensate for these minor flaws you can actually do quite a bit of sneaking. the water was about waste hight so if its any deeper than that you might want to consider staying on land. as a reply to lonescout, id say getting a cheap tac-barrell and then making your own custom silencer is a very good way of making it quieter(it definatlly worked for my sierra one). thanks TPS for your great tips on sniper tactics.

34. Steven R.
    Posted August 31, 2010 at 2:15 am | Permalink

Most effective Camo Print in any enviroment most paintball is played, even for indoor playing. Basic Stealth tactics. Best ways to change/adjust a ghillie suit mid game. Best ways to make your own camo prints. An exspert on ghillies. Best way to focus your shot without staring. Best mods for any type of gun to addapt it to a sniper role.

35. Brad
    Posted September 6, 2010 at 9:06 pm | Permalink

I would like to know all about most of the things listed above.. But also not only camoflauge and evading detection… But how to spot a sniper, things to look for when counter-sniping or any special skills/techniques that are required to detect snipers.

36. Adge
    Posted September 10, 2010 at 3:22 pm | Permalink

All things listed above are great to add. However, training scenarios would be essential, because it will apply lessons learned from the topics above. Shooting drills would be a great thing to add because it will allow the sniper to know his marker. Also, I do have 10 years regular force infantry experience that includes recon, instinctive shooting and much more. So I would be more than happy to provide my knowledge, all my training I apply in woodsball today. Even making a training DVD would be good and it would be something I would be interested participating in.

37. Nick
    Posted September 11, 2010 at 6:46 pm | Permalink

Definitely see if you can pick up a former instructor from Scout Sniper school.

38. The Tank
    Posted September 13, 2010 at 5:46 am | Permalink

I would love to learn how to be a lot more quiet and sneaky. i can get camouflaged in pretty well but when it comes time to move someone usually hears me.

39. adge
    Posted September 16, 2010 at 1:31 am | Permalink

a video would be great like i said before and i would love to help if i can.

40. Posted October 13, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Permalink

Aew doug,

seria muito bom se voce pudesse ensinar como deixa o marcador mais silencioso..

41. john
    Posted October 20, 2010 at 7:41 pm | Permalink

maybe some tips on how to stalk a bunker and take it out and how a sniper can cover his tea while they assoult. handsignuls and consielment tactics

42. Scott
    Posted October 23, 2010 at 11:43 pm | Permalink

How to snipe & stalk in 10 minute matches:
    90% of the games I play are 10-15 minutes in length. This makes it very hard to get into enemy territory as a sniper. I would love to get tips specific to stalking/sniping in short paintball games. I’ve found that by the time I have achieved any kind of position advantage, the “TWO MINUTES!” call has already been issued and those I’m stalking run off to get in the last couple shots, leaving me out of range once again.

Ultimate Camo Comparison:
    Detailed camouflage comparison reviewing performance across multiple patterns, lighting conditions, environments, and seasons. Both when stationary and when moving. Distance is probably also a factor. Ideally this should be done with all patterns handy when the photos are taken so the wearer can hide in the same spot for every pattern.

Lastly, this is a great site. Thanks for operating it!

43. Nathan
    Posted November 11, 2010 at 2:21 am | Permalink

Hey one of the best if not the only paintball sniper websites! I’ve used alot of the informIation already but I also did alot of my own work and obviously seems that I need some help in some major areas.

I’m a cheap player so I really like the do-it-yourself. I painted my marker a nice custom camo and the gun ghillie using your design but I find myself not in the best spot and missing one player that will sneak up beside me to take me out. I tend to sneak the sides and then flank the enemy while just a little behind them. But I usually get caught alot in later games even after changing my MO. So I guess I’m asking for a detailed description on how to move, sneak, and self control durning a game WITH some possible demos and a “when and when not to do” situational best thing to do.

44. Posted November 30, 2010 at 5:03 pm | Permalink

Strategic moving and planning how to attack would be cool

45. jonathan oliver
    Posted December 1, 2010 at 1:26 am | Permalink

ok so i was marsheling at the site i work at the other week and a group of royal marines turned up to play, and they absolutely destroyed everyone, i mean those sneaky buggers were popping up all over the place before you even realized what was happening they’d hearded a bunch of the other teams players into their fort and gunned them down. what i think gave them their greatest advantage was how well they worked together and knew what had everything planned out. so i think something on team communication, stratergy and general military tactical thinking would be badass. i’m sure as a sniper everyone wants to work alone, but having a team to help you out and play out some badass master plan can never be a bad thing.

46. KaienGray
    Posted December 9, 2010 at 8:12 pm | Permalink

I think it’d be nice to see an article on what everybody wonders about… effective longballing.

47. Nicholas
    Posted December 22, 2010 at 2:33 am | Permalink

i think you should include all the topics above except to have an improvement on the marker tuning and just get a marker expert that can tell people what to look for when we buy a marker.

48. shawn
    Posted December 22, 2010 at 8:13 am | Permalink

1 expertMarker tuning and selection how to make it quieter, shoot straighter
    2 – Stealth and movement .

49. Ross
    Posted January 23, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Permalink

Definentally camo

One Trackback

1. […] covered in paintball sniper/stealth training, what would you ask for. Read it on the blog here: Paintball Sniper Training – What would you want? And then in the comments block, leave your wish list! […]

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *

• Paintball Sniper Training Program

• Testimonials

"Thank you for a brilliant training and information manual, it really opens up a whole new dimension in the art of sniping. Keep up the good work." - Daniel D., TX
  • Popular Posts

• Connect to Other Paintball Snipers

• Watch Paintball Sniper Videos

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct(): Entity: line 1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found in /home/dougandj/public_html/tacticalpaintballsniper.com/wp-content/plugins/youtube-simplegallery/youtube_simplegallery.php on line 64

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct(): No longer available in /home/dougandj/public_html/tacticalpaintballsniper.com/wp-content/plugins/youtube-simplegallery/youtube_simplegallery.php on line 64

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct(): ^ in /home/dougandj/public_html/tacticalpaintballsniper.com/wp-content/plugins/youtube-simplegallery/youtube_simplegallery.php on line 64

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in /home/dougandj/public_html/tacticalpaintballsniper.com/wp-content/plugins/youtube-simplegallery/youtube_simplegallery.php:64 Stack trace: #0 /home/dougandj/public_html/tacticalpaintballsniper.com/wp-content/plugins/youtube-simplegallery/youtube_simplegallery.php(64): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('No longer avail...') #1 /home/dougandj/public_html/tacticalpaintballsniper.com/wp-content/plugins/youtube-simplegallery/inc/shortcode.php(150): yotube_gallery_getYouTubeDataFromID('Z1FklvV-XVs') #2 /home/dougandj/public_html/tacticalpaintballsniper.com/wp-content/plugins/youtube-simplegallery/inc/output-widget.php(26): global_output_youtubegallery(Array, Array) #3 /home/dougandj/public_html/tacticalpaintballsniper.com/wp-content/plugins/youtube-simplegallery/inc/admin-widgets.php(50): widget_youtubegallery('Best All Round ...', Array) #4 [internal function]: youtube_simplegallery_multi(Array, Array) #5 /home/dougandj/public_html/tacti in /home/dougandj/public_html/tacticalpaintballsniper.com/wp-content/plugins/youtube-simplegallery/youtube_simplegallery.php on line 64